Coach Application Forms
- Initiation / Novice: minimum Initiation Coach 1 or Coach 2
- Atom Development, Atom Recreational & above: Coach 2/Head Coaches must also have Checking Skills. Bantam & Midget Head Coaches must also have Checking Skills
- ALL Competitive (carded): minimum DEV1/Head Coaches must also have Checking Skills and MED
- Bantam Tier 1 Head Coach: must have HP1/must also have Checking Skills and MED
Please go to BC Hockey to apply for all clinics
- ALL team staff must have Respect in Sport: every 5 years: must be completed before working with team
- ALL team staff must have Concussion Awareness Training prior to participation in any ice times.
- ALL team staff must have Criminal record Check done prior to working with the players
Welcome to ProSmart Hockey!
In an ongoing effort to provide greater value to our community, our association is excited to announce that we will be including ProSmart as part of your minor hockey experience for the 2014/2015 Season.
- What is ProSmart Hockey? ProSmart Hockey connects all volunteer coaches, parents, and players to ONE online resource. ProSmart has developed a fully mobile platform full of personalized instructional videos, interactive coaching tools, and so much more!
- Who is ProSmart Hockey? ProSmart Hockey has been developed by current and former Hockey professionals, working alongside technology experts in Canada. The ProSmart team includes Hayley Wickenheiser, Wendel Clark, and Scott Hartnell, just to name a few.
- Why are we excited to use ProSmart Hockey? ProSmart intimately understands the year after year challenges associations face in finding and encouraging, let alone training, volunteer coaches.
A standardized resource means;
- Every Coach in every division is on the same page following Hockey Canada’s development program and being supported by professional coaching instruction.
- Every Player is being introduced to the core fundamentals in the same way at the same time, regardless of the individual team they are on. Associations, therefore, have confidence each player is progressing through their hockey education in the same manner and pace.
- Every Parent has transparency and confidence, regardless of the volunteer coach they have that season, that their child will receive the same instruction and value as every other player.
- How does ProSmart help Coaches? Follow the ProSmart development program & enjoy delivering organized practices, proper skills & fun to your players.
As a volunteer Coach, ProSmart resource will help you:
- save time from developing your own practice plans. Your time will now be focused delivering high quality, sequentially run, well-organized practices through standardized professionally developed practice plans;
- fully understand each drill so that you can ensure the players are not simply doing drills but instead “learning the game”;
- access a wide range of skills videos to help coaches, players & parents learn and understand new skills.
- Lastly, how much does it cost? Nothing! The goal of ProSmart is to give every hockey family access to this world-class learning system for FREE! ProSmart has been working very hard with some amazing local and national sponsors in order to cover any costs to you. Their generosity ensures minor hockey associations and minor hockey families across Canada receive access at no charge.
Our association will be sending every coach and parent ProSmart Invites over the coming weeks, so please be sure to check your emails and sign up to prosmarthockey.com